Sunday, April 06, 2008

Teaser #1 Revealed...


Dear Friends and Family,

This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day. We'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

I say “we” because I am part of a team consisting of more than 15 gals who have committed to do the same thing. We are the Red Dirt Rockettes and we want to make a difference. Many of you have been so generous to donate to other causes I have walked for (Breast Cancer Research through a different foundation and MS Research). I am participating a walk again because we STILL don’t have a cure…therefore I we STILL need your support.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,200 in donations. I know I can raise even more than that, and have set my personal goal at $5000. So I need your help. Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. 

You can donate online at http://08.the3day.org/goto/RobinSchoepf. You can also call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone.

According to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, more than 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. That’s why I’m walking so far...to do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO woman Go! Your motivation is so inspiring Robin.