Monday, April 14, 2008

Handsome Guy...

Joel and I knew each other for a while before we started dating. He was a regular in our office when he worked for Bleu and we traveled in the same circles. I always loved seeing him - it seemed like we could really talk to each other - not just idle chatter. That may have been because I ALWAYS got lost in his eyes. They have a very captivating quality - where you just...can't...bear...to look away from them. Honestly, maybe we didn't really talk about much of anything - maybe I was just briefly hypnotized. Maybe I'm STILL hypnotized. Who knows. Okay - now I'm rambling...

The point of all this is that one of the first "intentional communication" I got from Joel was an emailed photo after he cut all his hair off a few years back. I got a before and an after pic. And I remember thinking "WOW." Don't get me wrong, I always think "wow" when I think of my husband...but he looked soooooo different in the after photo. 

I came home today to a freshly "clipped" Joel. I got the same butterflies and flushed cheeks. He is ALWAYS handsome to me...(I usually use the phrase "hot" in mockery of Paris Hilton) but..."WOW" 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
today while walking by the park jen and I, and your little nieces, saw this plump very near bird of your name. And she sure did have herself a enormous earth worm to work on. Your mom named you right my dear, sweet very missed sis in love. i wish we were near to you.

-tara