Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Hello. I'd Like to Introduce Myself...

Hi. You may not remember me. I've been AWOL for a while. My name is Robin Schoepf...and our life is good.

In a nutshell, here are some things you may or may not know.

1.) Joel and I celebrated our two year anniversary on May 5. He, like the sweetheart that he is, looked up the traditional anniversary gift for numero dos and bought me three cotton blouses. He knows me so well. I'm breaking them out on the cruise!
2.) We are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks. Not a true blue vacation cruise - he has to work. But it's a week away from this insane heat and 7 days with him rather than without.
3.) We moved! There is no more life for us on common street...now it's oak forest. New blog title suggestions welcome.
4.) Joel is gone for 6 weeks (approximately). Don't panic...I get to see him on the cruise and I'm meeting them in Idaho (see Idaho) but this house is going to miss him. (I mean...this household).
5.) Speaking of "numero dos" (ahem...refer to numbero uno) I am doing the Rosetta Stone Spanish Lessons. Well...I've done one (uno). Yesterday (ayer). I learned "manzana," "bebe," "come" and "boligrafo." I have yet to try and use apple, drink, eat and pen in one sentence. I think I would scare some fluent spanish speakers into "duerme" (or would that be duermen??). Needless to say, I have a ways to go.
6.) My sis-in-luv has inspired me to get back to the gym and try a spinning class...um, tomorrow. ;-)
7.) We are officially Godparents. Brayden Weiland DeBruin was born last Monday. He looks just like his Daddy, Bert...only without all the ink. (Yet.) Mom Angela and big sis Taylor are all doing great and we are so honored. Maybe instead of studying spanish, we should be looking up how to be hip and cool Godparents. Cuz we all know he'll be a hip and cool kid!

And quite possibly, the item that may (or may not) have had the greatest influence on our lives since the last blog...

8.) BLUEBELL ICE CREAM HAS A NEW FLAVOR!!! BLACKBERRY COBBLER!!! IT'S DELICIOUS!!! PLEASE TAKE THE CAPS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS SERIOUSLY...IT'S THAT GOOD!!!

That should get us all caught up. I still like long walks on the beach, the smell of fresh cut grass and going barefoot when possible...

...and Bluebell's Blackberry Cobbler Ice Cream.

I think I'll go get some. You should too.

Barefooted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta try that ice cream. Do they have blue bell in SLC??? :(