Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fall is in the Air

We had a cold front come through on Tuesday. I know...cold front means different things in different parts of the world. What exactly would a cold front be in Antarctica? Well, what it means here in little ol' New Braunfels in mid-September is that it's bearable outside in the middle of the afternoon. It means that the seats of your car don't burn the backs of your legs when you leave the office to go home at 5. It means being able to open the windows at night, walking the dog in the evening and pulling out the long sleeves. That was Tuesday. The cold front blew out on Wednesday.

But it was a nice teaser. I love fall. I love breezes and watching the leaves turn and sleeping with the windows open. I love how quiet this town gets during the fall. I love cooking on Sundays in a crock pot or in the oven all day. I love sweatshirts and sunshine at the same time.

It's the season for slowing down, recharging...and I love it.

No comments: